Below are 10 statistics that offer insight into the Australian construction industry:
1. Australia’s population is growing by 1.6% every year
2. Urban areas of Australia account for 50% of the nation’s population
3. Australia’s construction industry comprises 8% of the gross domestic product (GDP)
4. Total construction work continues to rise by 2% each quarter
5. Productivity in the construction industry is increasing by 2.8% annually
6. 1.1 million people are employed in the construction industry
7. Construction software help[s the industry as a whole save $25B a year
8. Commercial construction work in Australia is forecasted to keep rising
9. Employment in Australia’s construction industry is on the rise
10. Prefabricated construction expected to grow by 5% every year
For more information click here.
More women in trades could be the solution to the skills shortage, study finds
Female workers could be the answer to the skills shortage in manual trades, but only if more is do....
Do you think you will be guaranteed more money in the future if you go to University? Think again.
The team at 7 News have released recent studies that revealed that students that are completing a de....
NSW leads the way for apprentices and trainees
The recent report run through the National Centre of Vocational Education Research has shown that NS....